Join a national not-for-profit organisation that provide support across numerous infrastructures as Senior Financial Accountant.
The Finance department is a shared services function working across the organisation to provide a comprehensive, cost-effective finance service, and helping to co-ordinate joint projects where appropriate.
As Senior Financial Accountant, you will be part of the Financial Accounting team within the Finance department and will act as the dedicated Financial Accountant, preparing statutory financial reporting and managing the year-end process. Whilst you will have autonomy and be expected to be able to work independently, you will also work collaboratively with the rest of the Financial Accounting team to develop a high-quality finance service, including best practice external reporting and a robust financial control environment.
Key areas of responsibilities
- Reviewing the year-end trial balance and analysing key variances with previous years to identify potential omissions or misstatements
- Managing the external audit process, including being the primary point of contact with the auditors in planning and delivering the audit, liaising with other members of staff in Finance and other departments to deliver the auditors’ requirements, preparing schedules to support each note to the financial statements and providing explanations when requested
- Preparing the Board and Committee reporting to support the presentation of the Accounts and presenting draft accounts for review and sign-off on behalf of the trustees as necessary
- Overseeing the production of daily, weekly, monthly and annual cashflow forecasting and monitoring spreadsheets and active management of cash balances to maintain the liquidity of all the NCIs while optimising the funds available for investment
- Developing excellent working relationships and clear communication with the Finance Business Partners, to ensure a consistent understanding of activities across the NCIs, and that this is reflected accurately in both statutory and management reporting
Who are we looking for?
- A formally qualified Accountant with relevant experience of financial accounting gained in a large, complex organisation (this could be commercial, Not-for-Profit or practice)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills both written and oral, able to communicate effectively with finance professionals, senior management and trustees, and non-accountants to achieve cooperation and results
- Ability to manipulate data, analyse information, identify anomalies and extract pertinent information. Excellent attention to detail
My client offers hybrid working with established training and team practices to ensure full support and engagement at all times.
If you are looking to develop your career in charity finance or change sectors, then this is the position for you.
Apply today for the position of Senior Financial Accountant or contact Iain Slinn at email@example.com or 020 3031 9613 to discuss your suitability.
If you are interested in more finance jobs within not-for-profit and charity organisations, view our latest jobs.