Our client, a forward thinking Higher Education Institution, are looking to hire a Senior Data (Planning) Officer to join the Planning team which play an integral role in the School’s strategic process.
The Senior Data – Planning- Officer role involves being the Business Partner to an academic college, the provision of high quality analysis and reporting to internal stakeholders across the School, and supporting annual planning processes. Examples of the analysis required include supporting the School’s drive for continuous improvement in teaching excellence and the student experience, analysing and communicating TEF metrics and supporting data, and analysis of league tables and the NSS
- Serve as a Planning Business Partner for an academic college comprising several academic departments. This will involve sharing management information and providing advice and guidance on planning matters to the College Management Committee, departmental managers and other departmental staff as required.
- Facilitate and manage a strategic link between academic departments/professional services teams and the Planning Team.
- Contribute to the evaluation of the Department plans, particularly the Teaching Excellence and Student Experience Plans (TESEP), assessing them for strategic fit and responsiveness to risk management.
- Work with the Head of Planning and Head of College to set Student Number Targets within the context of the University’s Strategic Plan.
- Support one or more of: the School’s Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) submission; student-related external returns (HESA/HESES); Athena Swan/Race Equality Charter submissions; Careers and Graduate Outcomes analysis.
- Play an active role in internal working groups, for example those relating to statutory reporting and improving data quality.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the Planning team, including the use of business intelligence tools and generative AI as these tools are rolled out.
- A background in administration or Data Analysis roles in a UK Higher Education Institution
- Highly competent in Data Analysis and manipulation (Excel, but Power BI would be a plus).
- Track record of working independently and managing mini projects
- Experience of one of: student number planning, league table analysis, NSS analysis, statutory returns (HESA/HESES), TEF, or another equivalent data-driven specialism.
- An effective communicator who can explain and summarise complex methodologies to a variety of audiences.
Please apply online today if you have the relevant skills and experience for the role or contact Pujan Thakrar at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07921 336 230 to discuss your suitability.
Or if you are interested in more IT & Digital roles within Education, view our latest jobs.