Allen Lane has been specialising in the recruitment of the UK’s leading talent into the Public and Not for Profit Sectors since its inception in 2004.
Join Allen Lane as a Senior Consultant and be a part of our aspirations for significant growth.
Our staff work through the following values:
- Respect, Responsibility, Work Ethic, Enjoyment and Pride.
We offer exceptional staff rewards and an environment in which hope that all individuals, irrespective of background or belief, can thrive, learn, grow and develop; and achieve incredible personal and professional goals.
This applies to consultants at all levels across our interim, permanent, dual-desking, executive search and Statements of Work / Managed Service Solutions businesses. You will be working in a dynamic, progressive, team-orientated work environment.
Main duties and responsibilities
- We expect our senior consultants to be ‘sector experts’ and ambassadors for, and extensions of, our clients.
- We expect senior consultants to start to ‘influence their markets’ and play a critical role in winning business and negotiating with clients and candidates.
- As such, we expect you to research and understand our clients well (including but not extending to their history, culture, future challenges, and approaches to Diversity and Inclusion)
- Engaging with clients (email, face to face, telephone, virtual engagement) to provide market support and pre/mid/post campaign engagement
- Identifying needs and providing honest, consultative, expert feedback on all matters
- Qualifying job specification / salary information and record accurate and comprehensive job description – check info / client requirements in line with key processes and legislation.
- Gathering info on individuals including but not extending to decision makers and line managers
- Networking externally with clients (occasionally out of hours)
- Benchmarking for clients – salary, availability, candidate pool, industry activity
- Writing and placing advertisements online and in social media
- Negotiating, pitching and presenting long / shortlists of candidates
- Managing offers on their behalf and supporting onboarding processes
- Candidate sourcing (including headhunting, sifting responses, and database research)
- Prepping and supporting during job processes (eg CV support, interview preparation)
- Advising in an honest capacity including sector and salary information based on market expertise
- Networking with active and passive candidates to constantly and consistently be enhancing your candidate knowledge and network
- Candidate control – keeping in regular contact to review progress and performance
- Negotiating with candidates at all stages of the process, including ‘closing’, support through the resignation process, and offer management
- Pre-screening candidates before their interview for suitability and conducting interviews (often competency and STAR based) against criteria and in recognition of client’s needs
- Managing availability to meet client needs
- Providing detailed and accurate information to candidates on clients and job specifications
- Being a trusted ‘career advisor’
- Working in your teams to support colleagues with searches and workload
- Working collaboratively with sector, function and discipline colleagues
- Where appropriate, managing staff professionally and proactively
- Representing Allen Lane at events including conferences and multi-client / candidate events
- Supporting all colleagues including Operations with ad-hoc support and tasks
- Mentoring consultants and aspiring to be a Business Manager.
- We expect Senior Consultants to be able to deliver exceptional results
- Reference checking
- Ensure you are up to date with legislative requirements
- Participating in mandatory training
- Carry out work instructions in line with Key Processes and QMS
- Any other duties as required
Key attributes required
- Communication (written and oral) skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ambition and a competitive edge
Brilliant attitude and sense of humour!
For more information on the role of Senior Consultant, or if you wish to speak to Allen Lane to discuss your suitability, contact Tessa Addison – Operations Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or to discover more about life at Allen Lane, the benefits and your career progression, visit our Allen Lane life page and build a career you love with a company that values you.