Exciting opportunity for a Procurement & Contracts Manager to join a primary & secondary education school group.
This newly created position will play a vital role in the organisation’s procurement team, supporting the Head of Procurement in undertaking a range of responsibilities to deliver their procurement strategy including oversight of the group contracts.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Leading negotiations with suppliers, supplier management, contract development, competitive tendering, market research, spend analysis benchmarking and contract management.
- The identification and prioritisation of opportunities for savings on all spend categories including aggregating demand across all the Group’s schools.
- Ensuring all procurement processes undertaken are complaint with Public Contract Regulations 2015.
- Maintain the contract register and contract database, ensuring that the contracts data informs the overall annual procurement strategy.
- Work closely with the internal and external stakeholder to build relationships and understand customer needs.
- Promote group contracts and framework agreements that represent best value, reducing off-contract spend to a minimum.
In order to be successful in this position, we are looking for:
- At least 5 years procurement experience at a senior level preferable.
- An in-depth knowledge of PCR 2015.
- Experience of providing procurement advice and influencing stakeholders at all levels.
- Working towards MCIPS qualification.
- An in-depth knowledge of contract and other law relating to procurement, including UK public sector and charity regulations.
- An understanding od category management.
Experience in the education sector is deemed highly desirable however we welcome applicants from the wider public sector.
Fantastic benefits include 26 days holiday plus bank holidays, competitive pension scheme and continuous professional development.
Please apply ASAP if you would like to be considered. If you’re interested in more finance jobs within Education, view our latest jobs