Allen Lane is assisting Harlow Council in the recruitment of a Principal Solicitor – Property & Litigation.
The Principal Solicitor – Property & Litigation will assist the Legal Services Manager in the provision of innovative, commercially sound, marketable, efficient, and effective Lexcel compliant legal services that ensures that the Council’s interests and values are protected, advanced and enforced.
Breakdown of tasks
- To provide legal advice and assistance to the Council, its Chief and Senior Officers Client Officers Members appointed Statutory Directors and similar.
- To undertake litigation and alternative dispute resolution processes including the issuing of proceeding and defending the Council in all areas of complex high risk contentious matters and to appear as Advocate before the Courts on behalf of the Council.
- To undertake conduct of non-contentious property, procurement, contract matters and ancillary non contentious transactions.
- To attend and act as legal advisor to Committees, Sub Committees, Meetings, and similar meetings as required.
- To keep informed of developments in areas fields of law of immediate concern to the Council and to interpret, advise and deliver training the Council, Chief Officer, Senior Management, Client Departments, Officers Statutory Directors, and Members as appropriate.
- To undertake any and all statutory and delegated duties as required.
- To advance promote and assist in the shaping and development of the delivery of Legal Services.
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with the grade, skills, knowledge, and experience of the post holder.
For further information, please view our dedicated candidate pack here.
Contact Ridhi Vaid on 07921 336 669 to discuss your suitability.
Alternatively, if you want to see more legal and governance positions, view our latest jobs.