Are you a legal professional with experience in the central government sector?
Allen Lane is working in partnership with an organisation looking to recruit Legal Counsel on a permanent basis.
Main accountabilities and responsibilities
- Assisting with handling litigation and the provision of legal advice
- Provide a partnering approach to all functions, advising generally (or working with external legal advisers as appropriate) on legal matters relevant to the effective functioning of the organisation.
- Lead on aspects of legal compliance and provide support on corporate governance matters, including the validation and development of existing governance and compliance frameworks, for example FOI and data protection.
- Manage relationships with external legal advisers as required to ensure appropriate, timely and cost-effective support.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Essential
- Solicitor admitted to practice in England & Wales
- Ability to work with significant autonomy.
- Highly motivated, proactive and solution focussed with demonstrable problem solving skills
- Aptitude for contract negotiations with proven results
- Excellent, written and oral communication skills with the ability to tailor materials for difference audiences
- Proven experience in establishing effective relationships with colleagues, senior management and key stakeholders with the ability to influence decisions using experience gained in a similar environment
- Experience of working effectively both independently, and as part of a team with the confidence to make decisions
Apply for the Legal Counsel role or contact Niraj Thakkar at email@example.com or to discuss your suitability.
If you are interested in more legal and governance jobs within Central Government, view our latest jobs.