Support the General Counsel function in connection with the legal operating framework for the Programme as Legal Counsel – Procurement
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Provide legal advice in support of all aspects of the procurement process, including contract negotiations, for project contracts and contracts relating to corporate services.
- Advise on contractual risk profiles and provide proactive support and guidance on risk mitigation.
- Provision of legal advice in support of contract management across the Programme.
- Provide a partnering approach to all functions, advising generally (or working with externallegal advisers as appropriate) on legal matters relevant to the effective functioning of the oganisation.
- Lead on aspects of legal compliance and provide support on corporate governance matters, including the validation and development of existing governance and compliance frameworks, for example FOI and data protection.
- Manage relationships with external legal advisers as required to ensure appropriate, timely and cost-effective support.
Qualifications, skills and experience essential
- Solicitor admitted to practice in England & Wales
- Demonstrable experience and expertise (appropriate to PQE) in the key activities outlined above, with an emphasis on:
- Public procurement, and
- project or construction contracts with an awareness of industry standard forms
- Ability to work with significant autonomy.
- Highly motivated, proactive and solution focussed with demonstrable problem solving skills
- Aptitude for contract negotiations with proven results
- Excellent, written and oral communication skills with the ability to tailor materials for difference audiences
- Proven experience in establishing effective relationships with colleagues, senior management and key stakeholders with the ability to influence decisions using experience gained in a similar environment
- Experience of working effectively both independently, and as part of a team with the confidence to make decisions
Contact Niraj Thakkar at either firstname.lastname@example.org or to discuss your suitability.
For more legal and governance roles within central government, view our latest jobs.