Allen lane are assisting a London-based Council with the recruitment of an Interim Management Accountant on a 6 month basis.
This Interim Management Accountant role will play a key part in the management of effective recording of budgets and reporting.
Key duties include:
- Producing and maintaining accurate financial records for a specific budget portfolio
- Prepare due diligence reports for Business Partner
- Prepare monthly financial forecasts
- Ensuring that budgets and actuals are properly, accurately and promptly recorded and reported
- Undertake reconciliations of budget areas to ensure that budgets are accurate,
- Enable the strategic Business Partnering model through provision of budget support monitoring
- Produce, review and analyse financial information to support directorate decision-making
- Deliver the budget setting process
- Responsible for a cross-cutting activity which enhances financial information available to the whole team
- Maintaining forecast models to support monthly and quarterly financial reporting.
- Posting accruals, prepayments and journal transfers as directed
The ideal person for this role will be a qualified Accountant who has experience in a London Borough or a large Council. Strong Finance Business partnering experience and Local Government reporting is essential.
This role will be largely remote with a couple of days per month in the office.
Apply for the role today or speak to Simon Winter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07921 336 531 to discuss your suitability.
If you’re interested in more finance jobs within Local Government, view our latst jobs.