An exciting opportunity now available for a Senior Lawyer to join Pathfinders Legal Services Ltd.
The Senior Lawyer will provide a range of public sector and not-for-profit clients with a professional and innovative legal service predominantly regarding commercial property and regeneration and other areas of legal practice where necessary.
- To act as a legal advisor to the client organisations in regeneration, commercial property and other corporate or constitutional and administrative matters to ensure compliance with statutory duties and obligations and to protect the best interests of the client organisations.
- Preparing, negotiating and advising on all aspects relating to regeneration projects and commercial property work.
- Advising and negotiating on projects involving multiple agencies and client interests, including the third sector and charitable organisations.
- Act as a source of legal advice and support to any of the client Committees and Directorates as directed to cover the absence of colleagues.
- To represent clients in negotiations and discussions with third parties in matters regarding the areas of legal practice relevant to the post.
- To support the Pathfinder Legal Services Ltd Leadership team in building and maintaining effective working relationships with clients to ensure the delivery of a seamless and client focussed service.
- To promote Pathfinder Legal Services Ltd and to identify further areas of development to both existing and potential work streams.
- To support the Pathfinder Legal Services Ltd Leadership team in developing and maintaining effective partnerships, networks and joint working arrangements to ensure the most effective provision of Legal Services to meet the needs and aspirations of clients.
- To contribute to the development, training or mentoring of colleagues where required.
Develop, provide legal input and deliver training courses to relevant persons to increase the client’s awareness of relevant legal issues and to increase their self-sufficiency.
Knowledge and experience:
- At least 10 years post qualification experience of commercial property work, preferably gained in a Local Authority setting.
- Ability to apply commercial property law and practice.
- Experience of conducting complex transactions involving commercial property related matters
- Experience of advising on large scale regeneration and development projects.
- Experience of providing advice at Committees, working groups and project boards
- Experience of successfully defending judicial review proceedings
- Ability to conduct legal research, interpret legislation and summarise the key points of relevant legislation and case law.
- Ability to develop client relationships and identify areas for expansion of work.
Closing date for applications: 31st January 2024.
Contact Ridhi Vaid on 07921 336 669 to discuss your suitability.
Alternatively, if you want to see more legal and governance positions, view our latest jobs.