Join Shakespeare’s Globe, a world-renowned performing arts venue, cultural attraction and education centre located on the bank of the River Thames in London as Head of Procurement.
We welcome over 1.25 million visitors a year from all over the world to take part in workshops and lectures, enjoy guided tours and watch plays. Inspired and informed by the unique historic playing conditions of two theatres, our diverse programme of work harnesses the power of performance, cultivates intellectual curiosity and excites learning to make Shakespeare accessible for all.
As a Head of Procurement, you will be an integral part of our team, working closely with cross-functional stakeholders and the Directorate to establish a procurement function that will not only support the financial success of the organization but will also help us become a greener and fairer organisation.
Key areas of responsibilities:
- Lead on the procurement of key new contracts as well as reviewing historic arrangements.
- Create best practice procurement guidance to sit within the Globe’s new Finance Manual ensuring this includes consideration of environmental, social and governance factors.
- Alongside this, develop internal forms and procedures to assist budget holders in managing procurement exercises.
- Work with internal stakeholders to embed these policies and procedures.
- Maintain and update a five-year procurement pipeline for significant requirements,
- Assist budget holders in deciding on the appropriate route to procurement including performing options appraisals.
- As a procurement expert, assist as necessary the wider Finance team in delivering their duties.
Who are we looking for?
- A qualification in an appropriate recognised procurement qualification.
- Demonstrable experience of developing procurement policies and procedures
- Experience of delivering procurement exercises in the charitable/ arts sector.
- A customer service focus, with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective, professional working relationships with employees and external stakeholders/suppliers.
- The ability to work effectively and flexibly to strict process deadlines.
- Ability to use own initiative to anticipate and resolve problems.
- Good planning and organisational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to plan and prioritise workloads to meet deadlines and maintain accurate accounts.
For further information, please see our dedicated candidate pack here.
The Globe is a fascinating place to work, and establishing a Procurement function is a key part in developing our strategic ambitions and the delivery our wide-ranging activities.
Shakespeare’s Globe is fully open to sector experience and committed to delivering a first-class training and induction programme. As such we welcome candidates from industry, charity or practice backgrounds.
To apply, please submit your CV to Robert Waugh at firstname.lastname@example.org with a statement supporting your interest in the role and relevant experience.
If you are interested in more procurement jobs, view our latest jobs.