Join a regulator as Head of Policy on a 12 month fixed term contract.
- Provide leadership on regulatory policy and management across the organisation, to ensure they can demonstrate good practice as a regulator.
- Leads the management of programmes to review or amend the regulatory arrangements including, the handbook and associated rules and guidance, to ensure that regulatory arrangements are up to date and fit for purpose.
- Ensure appropriate governance and delivery of policy projects, complying with the Policy Development Framework.
- Leadership and management of the policy team, including some 8 reports
- Undertakes speaking or other external engagements on behalf of the organisation, to ensure policy and strategy is understood by stakeholders
- Responsible for planning and monitoring budgets to ensure that work programmes are delivered effectively, on time and on budget
- Deputises for the Director of Strategy and Policy where appropriate
- Demonstratable experience of managing complex policy development in a regulatory or similar environment
- Well-developed strategic thinking and analytical skills including the ability to source and interpret complex data
- Significant experience in leadership and line/performance management
Contact Niraj Thakkar to discuss the Head of Policy opportunity.
Alternatively, if you want to see more legal and governance positions within Central government, view our latest jobs.