The interim Head of Legal and Monitoring Officer role will be a 6-month assignment with the possibility of an extension.
Allen Lane is pleased to be assisting a Local Authority with the recruitment of an interim Head of Legal and Deputy Monitoring Officer. This is a remote role with monthly committee attendance required.
The purpose of this role is to lead on Governance matters across the council and manage the Legal team.
- Day-to-day business management of the council’s Legal services department
- Manage the performance of the team and improve processes where necessary
- Assist and deputise for the Director of Legal and Monitoring officer when required
- Attend Statutory and Constitutional meetings
Skills, knowledge & experience required
- Admitted solicitor, barrister or CiLEX Fellow with significant post qualification experience in Local Government
- Substantial and significant experience of local government law and practice
- Monitoring officer or deputy monitoring officer experience preferred but not essential
- Experience managing a team of lawyers
- High level of political awareness
Apply for the role or contact Niraj Thakkar at firstname.lastname@example.org or to discuss your suitability.
If you are interested in more legal and governance jobs within local government, view our latest jobs.