My client is currently seeking a Head of Governance to support their Board of Directors and the Executive Team.
Head of Governance key responsibilities:
- Provide advice to the Board of Directors and the Executive Team on governance, regulatory, constitutional and procedural matters
- Take responsibility for maintaining an up-to-date Committee & Compliance Calendar to ensure all external reporting requirements, returns and deadlines are fully met
- Ensure the effective organisation and management of Board and committee business – preparing agendas, liaising effectively with those preparing papers and reports, drafting minutes and actions with clear ownership and timeframes for approval by the Chairs
- Ensure that committees are properly constituted, undertake regular reviews of their effectiveness and implement the findings of these reviews
- Provide advice and support to individual Board members as required, including through the provision of induction and development activities
- Maintain a record of signed minutes of meetings, and ensure copies are sent to relevant bodies on request and published as agreed or required
- Working with relevant stakeholders, act as the institutional lead to ensure the organisations obligations in relation to the Prevent Duty are met
- Act as the organisations Data Protection Officer in relation to GDPR legislation responsible for updating the Data Protection Policy including advising the Vice Chancellor’s Executive Team (VCET) and colleagues as necessary to ensure implementation and compliance
Contact Niraj Thakkar to discuss this fantastic opportunity.
Alternatively, if you want to see more legal and governance positions, view our latest jobs.