An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Director of Regulation.
The Director of Regulation will lead, develop and deliver CILEx Regulation’s authorisation, supervision and enforcement functions.
- To be a key member of the Executive Leadership team contributing to the strategic leadership of the organisation and maintenance of an inclusive and performance driven organisational culture.
- To identify strategic operational priorities, contribute to strategic planning and deliver those priorities in line with the Business Plan.
- Develop and manage effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including the Legal Services Board (LSB), Ministry of Justice, HM Treasury, Financial Conduct Authority, Office for Professional Body Anti-Money Laundering Supervision (OPBAS), other Government Departments, insurers, front line regulators and others.
- To contribute to the setting of the corporate budget, including the annual Practising Certificate Fee (PCF) application to the LSB.
- To ensure effective budget management and that regulatory activities deliver best value.
- Contribute to the development of the annual Business Plan, maintenance of the corporate risk register and preparation of the annual Regulatory Performance Assessment submission.
- To maintain and develop effective regulatory arrangements in relation to authorisation, supervision and enforcement, indemnification and compensation.
- Hold the post of Money Laundering Reporting Officer and ensuring CRL’s ongoing compliance with obligations to combat economic crime .
- To lead entity and individual authorisation and supervision functions including forensic investigation and intervention arrangements.
- To lead on client protection activities including indemnification and compensation.
- Oversee operational risk and act as Operational Risk Manager in accordance with the strategic risk committee rules.
- Contribute to reviews and development of corporate policy and oversee operational implementation of policy changes for areas of responsibility.
- To lead, manage and inspire your team to enable them to deliver the highest standards of performance.
- To role model CILEx Regulation’s values.
- To undertake any other duties considered by the Board and CEO to be appropriate to the role of Director of Regulation.
Qualifications and experience
- Educated to at least degree level or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, combined with an ability to assimilate complex detail.
- Relevant senior leadership experience gained in a complex governance environment.
- Experience of working with a Board and a commitment to delivering Board strategy and operational effectiveness.
- Clear understanding of the principles of good, risk-based regulation, gained in a regulator or regulated organisation.
- Sound knowledge of regulatory sector practices and operating models.
- Demonstrated experience of inclusive leadership and motivating diverse teams.
- Knowledge/experience of regulation in a legal or professional services environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of current legal education policy.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies and their application in the workplace.
Contact Niraj Thakkar to discuss the Director of Regulation opportunity.
Alternatively, if you want to see more legal and governance positions, view our latest jobs.