As a Business Manager or ‘Head of’ at Allen Lane, you will be an exceptional recruiter, strong manager (where managing) and often responsible for a particular market, discipline or division.
You will be ambitious, recognised as one of the very best in your field and passionate about supporting company growth and enhancing reputation. You will support Directors and the CEO drive performance across the wider business and set an example to peers and less established operators at all times.
Business Manager role purpose
- To enhance the reputation of AL in the marketplace through professional, committed interaction with clients and candidates
- To understand and match the needs of our clients and candidates to provide quality tailored recruitment services whilst continually meeting targe
- As a/the leading operator in your market, help work towards AL’s vision and in line with core values
Recruitment/ Business Development
- Build and maintain a loyal and profitable client and candidate base, actively measured through a self defined and agreed personal business and development plan
- Develop progressive relationships across the client base through regular contact, building sector knowledge, rapport and professional buy-in.
- Manage and educate client expectations during the recruitment process to ensure a fast, streamlined and productive result
- Work within agreed pricing and terms & conditions / Negotiate and deliver best price solution to clients and candidates
- Maintain regular contact with available, working and placed candidates to ensure high levels of customer service and control
- Support in and leader preparation of proposal documents and tenders
- Work within the team and across-team to ensure group success
Leadership and market development
- Identify and understand the requirements of your market and proactively keep abreast of issues and developments through journals, papers, industry websites and events
- Suggest new ideas and initiatives to improve the company’s levels of service to clients and candidates
- Play a proactive part in keeping team activity levels and motivation high
- Strive towards achieving and exceeding individual revenue and personal development plan.
- Have a positive impact on the office environment and show respect and compassion to colleagues
For more information on the role of Business Manager, or if you wish to speak to Allen Lane to discuss your suitability, contact Tessa Addison – Operations Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or to discover more about life at Allen Lane, the benefits and your career progression, visit our Allen Lane life page and build a career you love with a company that values you.