Allen Lane is assisting Harlow Council in the recruitment of an Assistant Solicitor – Property & Litigation.
The Assistant Solicitor – Property & Litigation will assist the Legal Services Manager in the provision of innovative, commercially sound, marketable, efficient and effective legal services that ensures that the Council’s interests and values are protected, advanced and enforced.
Breakdown of tasks
- To provide legal advice and assistance to the Council, its Client Departments, Officers and Members.
- To undertake all necessary aspects of litigation and Court work including both issuing of proceedings and defending the Council in proceedings bought against it
- To undertake conduct of non-contentious cases including the drafting and preparation of any and all documents required
- To attend Committees, Sub Committees and meetings as required
- To keep informed of developments in law and to advise the Council, its Client Departments, Officers and Members as appropriate.
- To undertake any and all statutory and delegated duties as required.
- To assist with the processes required by LEXCEL accreditation.
- To undertake any other related tasks as may from time to time be allocated by the Legal Services Manager.
For further information, please view our dedicated candidate pack here.
Contact Ridhi Vaid on 07921 336 669 to discuss your suitability.
Alternatively, if you want to see more legal and governance positions, view our latest jobs.